City Street Improvement Projects
2019 Ballot Initiative 2A / Transportation Capacity Upgrades
City Engineering staff is working on the first projects of the transportation capacity upgrades authorized by voters in November of 2019. Preliminary designs of 24 Road Corridor, G Road from 23 1/2 to 24 1/2 Road corridor and F 1/2 Parkway are underway in preparation for community meetings starting in late April. Request for Proposals (RFPs) are being prepared for consulting engineering services to complete the final designs and right-of-way acquisition services. Utility coordination meetings were held in late November/early December with additional one-on-ones with affected utilities currently underway to coordinate construction/relocation schedules. Construction contracts are currently slated for late 2020 for 2021 construction.
Thank You to the Voters of Grand Junction for Passing Ballot Question 2B in April 2017!
The approval of this ballot question is making it possible for the City of Grand Junction to use the excess Taxpayers' Bill of Rights (TABOR) funds in the Riverside Parkway savings account to augment what is currently being spent on street maintenance projects and neighborhood pavement preservation for five years.
Street maintenance is extremely important, but expensive. Our current roadway system is a $266 million asset. The City has been modestly funding street maintenance for a few years due to budget limitations, but it has not been enough and we have fallen behind.
The overall average pavement condition index (PCI) of the Grand Junction streets system, which has steadily declined over the last twelve years, is currently at a score of 69. This is down from 78 in 2004. The desire is to reverse this trend.
Good streets are good for all of us who live here, and also good for our economy.
2020 Contract Street Maintenance
The streets selected for the 2020 Contract Street Maintenance - Asphalt Overlays project are:
- 27 Road - B Road to B 1/4 Road
- B Road - 27 Road to Clymer Road
- Legends Way - Patterson Road to Grand Falls Drive
- Grand Falls Drive - Grand Cascade Way to Norma Jean Street
- 28 1/2 Road - Grand Falls Drive to EOP
- North Grandeur Court - 28 1/2 Road to EOP
- Mariposa Drive - West Ridges Boulevard to Monument Road
- Horizon Drive - 26 1/2 Road to 12th Street
- Colex Drive - G Road to Scarlet Street
- Scarlet Street - Colex Drive to Highway 6 and 50
- Scarlet Street - Colex Drive to Sanford Drive
- Sanford Drive - EOP to Highway 6 and 50
- Arrowest Road - G Road to North EOP
- Arrowest Road - Arrowest Road to North EOP
- Logos Court - 23 Road to West EOP
- Grand Park Drive - 23 Road to East EOP
- 3 1/10 Road - Grand Park Drive to South EOP
- 23 1/10 Road - Grand Park Drive to G Road
- Interstate Avenue - 23 Road to East EOP
- 23 1/4 Road - Interstate Avenue to Logos Drive
- Logos Dr. - 23 Road to East EOP
- 23 Road - G Road to Interstate 70
- G Road - Highway 6 and 50 to 23 Road
- Connector Road - Valley Court to 22 Road
- Valley Court - Highway 6 and 50 to North EOP
- Beta Place - Centauri Drive to Galaxy Drive
- Alpha Place - Centauri Drive to Galaxy Drive
- Centauri Drive - G Road to North EOP
- Galaxy Court - G Road to North EOP
- Galaxy Drive - Galaxy Court to Beta Place
- G 3/8 Road - 26 1/2 Road to Flower Street
- Flower Street - G 3/8 Road to Tulip Drive
- Tulip Drive - G 1/2 Road to Flower Street
- G 1/2 Road - 26 1/2 Road to Flower Street
- Chestnut Court - 26 1/2 Road to East EOP
- East Foresight Circle - Blichmann Avenue to Hollingsworth Street
- Hollingsworth Street - Blichmann Avenue to Eisenhauer Street
- Fracture Lane - Eisenhauer Street to 25 1/2 Road
- Market Street - F 1/2 Road to Patterson Road
- Summer Hill Way - 26 1/2 Road to Spring Crossing
- Summer Bend Court - Summer Hill Way to South EOP
- Summer Sage Court - Summer Hill Way to South EOP
- Summer Valler Circle - Summer Hill Way to Summer Hill Way
- Summer Crest Court - Summer Hill Way to North EOP
- Summer Breeze Court - Summer Hill Way to North EOP
Neighborhood Pavement Preservation Program: More Details Coming Soon
To stay informed of street project locations on a weekly basis, subscribe to our news blog to receive notifications direct to your email address. Also, if you encounter roadway damage, please let us know by submitting a Fix It request.
Check back often for more information on upcoming TABOR excess funds street maintenance projects, and again, we thank the voters for giving us this opportunity to improve upon the City's infrastructure.