The City of Grand Junction has ample parking for its downtown patrons with over 1,000 meters (map of all downtown parking meters), 180 time-limited parking spaces and the parking garage located in the 400 block of Rood Avenue. The parking garage has 448 parking spaces; 126 of those spaces are available for short-term/daily public parking, and the remaining spaces are being used for long-term leased parking. If you are interested in leased parking, please email parking. A map of downtown pickup zones can be found here.
Parking Meter Rates
- Short-Term Meters (2-4 Hours): and Garage Main Floor: $0.75 per hour
- Long-Term Meters (10 Hours): $0.10 or $0.25 per hour: see map for location
Parking Garage Rates
- Short-Term Lease (Month-to-Month)
- Surface Spaces: $10.00 per month
- Covered Spaces: $65.00 per month
Parking Violation Payments
We offer online payments for Parking Violations. Please visit gj.rmcpay.com for more information.
Downtown Employee Parking Permits
We have moved to a new online portal and digital permit system that allows for increased functionality and management of your Grand Junction Downtown Employee Parking Permit. You will no longer need a physical permit!
When your current permit expires, you will need to use the new system to register. Please follow the below simple steps to manage/purchase your digital permit!
- Go to gjpermits.rmcpay.com
- Create an account with your email address or phone number
- Select a permit type, fill in vehicle information, and add your payment details.
- Enjoy parking with no physical permit. Enforcement will be able to confirm your permit is valid.
Permits are $25 per month and can be used at 10-hour parking meters (excluding the parking lot at 5th and Grand Avenue behind the Methodist Church). The location of the parking meter locations can be found here.
Park Smart Cards
The Park Smart cards are pre-paid parking cards that you can use in the pay stations in the garage or the newly upgraded meters. You can purchase the card and/or find out more information by visiting Customer Service in City Hall (corner of 5th & Rood) or by calling (970)244-1537.
Parking rates are enforced Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Parking is free in the evenings and on the weekends!