Do you have some amazing photos of our area? Would you like to see them featured in the 2018 City of Grand Junction Calendar?
Here’s the scoop: We are looking for unique color photographs of people, places, events, weather, landmarks, wildlife, flowers…anything you have photographed that represents the beauty and wonder of life in our beautiful part of Colorado. Photos must have been taken inside Mesa County.
What’s next? If any of your photos are selected by our judging committee, you will have your name listed along with your photograph as well as your website or email address (if you desire) in the 2018 calendar. The calendar is distributed to over 50,000 homes and businesses in the Grand Valley, so the photos selected, as well as the photographers, receive a lot of exposure. We will also, with your permission, display some of the photos on the City of Grand Junction website and social media sites.
Don’t follow the crowd! We typically receive many photos of some of the more familiar photography subjects in our area. While we definitely encourage shots of these local favorites, go for the unique shot if this is your subject.
How do I submit photos for consideration? If you would like to have your photos considered for inclusion, here is what you need to do:
- Provide a set of no more than 5 color prints AND a disk or thumb drive with high resolution (300 dpi) electronic files (either jpg or tif) of the photos.
- Make sure your prints are no larger than 8 ½ x 11 (the electronic photos can be any size).
- PUT YOUR NAME IN SMALL PRINT ON THE BACK OF EACH OF YOUR PRINTS - a very easy way to do this is to use return address labels. Please also print the location of the photo and a name of the photo, if applicable.
- Make certain that you provide contact information including name, phone number and email address* along with your disk and prints AND on the outside of your envelope.
- Submit the prints and the disk in an envelope or some other type of container and make sure your name is prominently and legibly displayed on the outside.
Submissions are due by Friday, August 18 no later than 3:00 PM to:
City of Grand Junction
250 North 5th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
You are welcome to either mail them to us or drop them off at our office (2nd floor in City Hall).
Submissions must be RECEIVED in our office by the date and time listed above.
Postmarks do not qualify and late entries will not be accepted.
Some winning photos may have to be cropped in order to fit in the calendar.
You will be notified around the end of August if any of your photos have been selected. If you would like to have your submissions returned, you will be notified when they are ready to pick up after the contest, however, we will only keep them on hand until October 1.
* WE USE EMAIL TO COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THE CONTEST, SO IT IS CRITICAL FOR YOU TO PROVIDE US WITH AN EMAIL ADDRESS.
Questions? Contact Sam at 970-244-1507 or email@example.com.