Grand Junction Parks and Recreation and PLACE (People for Local Activities and
Community Enrichment) are partnering on a feasibility study and need
your ideas, feedback, and participation!
Community Center Feasibility Study
The Grand Junction Parks and Recreation Department and PLACE (People for Local Activities and Community Enrichment) are working in collaboration on a feasibility study for a potential community center. Perkins+Will was chosen to conduct the feasibility study which will include.
- Several community open houses to establish project vision
- Market analysis including operational costs
- Analysis of proposed sites for the center
- Conceptual site master plan and building design
- Project cost estimates
Community Meeting - January 18, 2018
The first of several community meetings was held on Thursday, January 18, 2018. This open house provided an opportunity for the community to ask questions, share feedback, receive information about the process, and get involved in this important first step. Additional public meetings will be held this spring in addition to the completion of a statistically valid citizen survey.
Stakeholder and Open House Summary Report
Upcoming Community Meeting - March 5-6, 2018
The second round of community meetings will be taking place in early March. The first option will be Monday, March 5, 5:30pm-6:30pm at American Lutheran Church, 631 26 1/2 Rd. The second option will be Tuesday, March 6, 11am – Noon in the City Hall Auditorium, 250 N. 5th Street. These meetings will build upon the visioning exercises held on January 18, and voting technology will be available to allow real-time feedback from participants!
Stay Involved and Informed
- Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive updated information, meeting dates, and survey information.
- Email Traci Wieland, Recreation Superintendent or call 970-254-3846.
- Email PLACE or follow them on Facebook ~ @GJCommunityCenter