MEET ME AT THE PARK
Welcome to Grand Junction Parks and Recreation's Park of the Month Page!
The "Meet Me at the Park" program was designed to help our community become more aware of the variety
of parks we have to enjoy, and to promote the benefits of our healthy and vibrant city!
Our parks are an important part of our community and the quality of life we have to offer
here in the Grand Valley.
Beginning in April of every year, we will highlight a different City Park each month.
Some of you might recognize the park, and some of you might not!
But our hope is that you will get out into these parks and RECreate. Enjoy. Play.
NEW THIS YEAR!
- "Park Deal of the Month".
Each Park of the Month will feature a special for you to take advantage of.
Some of the deals you may see throughout the year include:
Special park events, shelter rental specials, scavenger hunts, etc.
- "Meet Me at the Park Scavenger Hunt"
Don't miss out on our new scavenger hunt with a twist!
- Each month the featured park will have an item hidden in it by Parks and Recreation staff.
- The clues to finding the item will be posted on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/gjparksandrec
as well as on the PDF of each month below.
- We will post one clue a week every Thursday at 9am, for a total of four clues a month.
- Your goal will be to get out in the park, RECreate, enjoy Mother Nature, play and FIND the hidden item.
- The first person to find the item and bring it to the Parks and Recreation office located at 1340 Gunnison Avenue, will enjoy a special prize for that month!