The Records and Data Management Unit is responsible for data records and case management of approximately 19,000 case reports each year. That includes supplemental investigations, non-criminal activity, bicycle registrations, business licenses, registered sex offender files, and traffic accident and traffic citations. Each of the eight records specialists is master certified through the Colorado Certified Records Network. Their training includes extensive knowledge of Colorado Open Records Act.
- Police records are “paperless” and available to the public by emailing the completed form to PDRecords@gjcity.org or faxing it to 970-549-5002.
- They can also be picked up at the front counter of the police department which is located at 555 Ute Avenue.
- Copies of police records are billed at $0.25 per page. Additional fees for research and redaction may be included if applicable.
- The police lobby is open to the public from 7:00am to 6:00pm Monday-Friday.
- Phone number: 970-549-5000
Evidence and Property
The Grand Junction Police Department Evidence and Property Unit is responsible for managing and storing all of the items collected or seized during police investigations and operations. Every item is cataloged and stored so that it can not only be protected while in our custody, but also retrieved when needed for court proceedings or when it is time to return it to its owner.
- Completed evidence copy request forms can be dropped off in the police department lobby, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to 970-549-5151.
- Members of the public needing to pick up property or evidence need to schedule an appointment with our evidence technicians.
- Appointments can be made for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8:00am-5:00pm.
- All requests are billed at $6.00 per disc.
- Multiple recordings cannot be combined.
- Photocopies - $1.00 up to 4 pages $.25 per page after 4 pages.
- Allow two weeks for processing from the date received in Evidence – rush requests must be specified as such.
- Please call 970-549-5150 if you have any questions regarding the status of a request.
We also have an audio technician on staff to manage requests for audio from our 911 Communication Center.
- Completed audio request forms can be dropped off in the police department lobby, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to 970-549-5151.
- All requests are billed at $6 per disc.
- The 1st hour of research is free, each ¼ hour of research thereafter is billed at $5.
- Please allow two weeks for processing from the date received.
- For Colorado State Patrol Radio Traffic please call 970-249-4392
- Please call 970-549-5405 for more information
Vision, Mission, Values
|Excellence in Policing||To enforce the law, safeguard||Integrity|
|our community, and enhance||Teamwork|
|its quality of life through the||Respect|
|prevention, investigation, and|
|reduction of crime.|