The Community Development Department is here to guide and promote development that is vibrant, safe, provides a healthy life style and has a broad and balanced range of land uses. We strive to support a community that provides quality employment opportunities with a mix of job types, has a diversity of housing, has exceptional medical and educational facilities and is child and senior friendly.
Key Functions of the Community Development Department
- Preparation of citywide and neighborhood plans
- Permitting services for residential and nonresidential development
- Maintaining the Grand Junction Comprehensive Plan
- Providing information related to zoning, setbacks, and other land use questions
- Providing development review services for new development
- Providing annexation services for properties coming into the city
Participate in the City of Grand Junction government online at GJSpeaks. City of Grand Junction's Planning Commission public hearings are available at www.GJSpeaks.org where community members can review the materials for issues at upcoming meetings, leave public comments that are reviewed by planning commissioners, and join the meeting remotely and provide input during the meeting.
One Grand Junction Comprehensive Plan
The City's One Grand Junction Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the City Council on December 16, 2020. To learn more and view the plan document, visit Long Range Planning.
Weekly Planning Reports
Each week, a report is generated by the City's Community Development Division that reflects activity in Planning and Development in Grand Junction. Meetings, project submissions, project approvals, and non-residential permits are all included. See those reports online.