Social Media Public Comment Policy
The City of Grand Junction engages customers through many digital outlets. Communicating with the City through social media further enables customers to contact the City of Grand Junction in a direct and meaningful way.
The goal of the City of Grand Junction social media pages is to be a helpful medium that is conducive to real-time discussions and useful feedback. Some of the City's social media pages allow public interaction in the form of comments.
Please be aware that when engaging with the City of Grand Junction through social media, you are agreeing to the following:
The City of Grand Junction shares information, images and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by City personnel, a comment may be deleted or hidden if it violates the comment policy described below (subject to amendment or modification at any time):
- Obscene, indecent or profane language, pictures and/or videos threats, personal attacks, or defamatory statements
- Hate speech directed at race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability
- Fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading information
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users or spam
- Promotion or endorsement of services and products
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others
- Violate any local, state, or federal laws and/or otherwise unlawful
- Campaign materials promoting or opposing an individual in an election for political office