6 pay steps are included in the pay scale, meaning you can attain the top of our pay scale after only five years of service. Step 1 is the entry level salary after graduating from the training academy. Lateral officers are paid at a step commensurate with their experience and years of service, at the discretion of the Chief of Police. Each step reflects a yearly 3% pay increase for proficient employees. This pay plan is the base pay rate and does not reflect overtime. This pay scale is reviewed every three years, based on a market analysis of comparable cities.
- Comprehensive health insurance program, with up to 85% paid by your employer
- Free health clinic services exclusively for City employees and their covered family members
- Childcare facility exclusively serving City employees and their families
- Defined contribution retirement plan includes a 10.65% employee contribution, matched dollar for dollar by your employer. Fully vested after only five years.
- All uniforms, duty gear, and firearms are provided at no cost to the employee
- 31 days of paid time off per year
- Employee discounts on everything from movie passes to computers to cell phone service and ski lift tickets
- Recently remodeled on-site fitness facility
- Flexible spending accounts
- Group life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Accident and critical illness insurance
- Holiday pay
- Health savings account
- Deferred compensation plan