Evidence & Property
The Grand Junction Police Department Evidence and Property Unit is responsible for managing and storing items collected or seized during police investigations and operations. An item is cataloged and stored so that it can be protected while in our custody and retrieved when needed for court proceedings or when it is time to return it to its owner.
Members of the public wanting to pick up property or evidence need to schedule an appointment with our evidence technicians. Please call 970-549-5150 to schedule an appointment.
- For all open records requests, including police reports, accident reports, Body Worn Cameras, and 911 audio, please complete this request form. Requests may also be made in person at the Police Department at 555 Ute Avenue.
- All requests require a $6 non-refundable processing fee at the time the request is submitted (additional charges may vary).
- Multiple recordings cannot be combined.
- Discs are billed at $6 per disc.
- Photocopies - $1 up to 4 pages; $.25 per page after 4 pages.
- Search and Redaction time over 1 hour will be billed at $5 per 1/4 hour.
- Allow two weeks for processing from the date received in Evidence - rush requests must be specified as such.
- Please call 970-549-5150 if you have any questions regarding the status of a request.