City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
2022 Asphalt Overlay Project
- Redlands Parkway from Hwy340 to Colorado River Bridge
- Shoulder work
- Expect delays
- Alternate route advised
River Front Trail Improvement Project
- The River Front Trail is closed between Bananas Fun Park and the Junior Service League parking lot.
- The concrete trail has been completed, and crews plan on finishing the gravel shoulder work this coming week.
- A well-marked detour route will be in place utilizing the bike path alongside the Riverside Parkway.
- Anticipated completion- Friday, December 9
City of Grand Junction Leaf Removal Program
- Please slowdown in areas where crews are working.
- Anticipated completion- Early December (weather permitting)
- For more information, please visit the city's website: gjcity.org
2022 Waterline Replacement- Phase 1 Project
- Construction will be taking place at the following locations and in the order shown below (subject to change).
- Hall Avenue between 15th Street and 18th Street
- 17th Street between Glenwood Avenue and Hall Avenue
- 16th Street between Texas Avenue and Hall Avenue
- Texas Avenue between 15th Street and 17th Street
- 18th Street between Glenwood Avenue and Elm Avenue
- 19th Street between Glenwood Avenue and Elm Avenue
- Kennedy Avenue between 19th Street and 22nd Street
- 20th Street between Glenwood Avenue and Kennedy Avenue
- 21st Street between North Avenue and Kennedy Avenue
- Expect temporary road closures with well-marked detour routes in place
- Access for residents and businesses will be maintained
- Anticipated Completion – April 2023
Non-City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
U.S. 6 & North Avenue Median & Resurfacing Project – CDOT
- The main travel lanes of North Avenue have been completed.
- The only paving yet to be done are some of the side street tie-ins and turn lanes
- Expect minimal traffic delays
- Anticipated completion – Early December (weather permitting)
CONTACT THE CDOT PROJECT TEAM
Questions or concerns? Or to be added to CDOT's public outreach contact list to receive construction updates:
23 Road Between H Road and I Road, Utility Construction – Ute Water
- 23 Road is closed to thru traffic between H Road and I Road
- Access for residents will be maintained
- Detour Route will be in place
- Anticipated Completion – December (weather dependent)
South Camp Road Shoulder Improvement Project – Mesa County
- Shoulder work along South Camp Road between Monument Road and Rimrock Road
- South Camp Road may have Intermittent alternating one-lane traffic, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Expect delays
- Anticipated Completion – Mid-December (weather dependent)
South Broadway Shoulder Widening Project between Rado Drive and Desert Hills Road - Mesa
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Expect intermittent alternating one-lane traffic during the duration of the project
- Delays can be expected
- Anticipated Completion – Early April 2023
- For more information, please contact the Project Hotline @ (970) 609- 9681
East Side of 1st Street between White Avenue and Rood Avenue - Multi Family Development
- Rood Avenue is closed to all traffic between 1st Street and 2nd Street
- Reopen date: December 2024