250 North 5th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm M-F
Boards and Commissions
Impact Fee Implementation
On October 16, 2019, City Council adopted Ordinance No. 4878 to amend section 21.06 and add Chapter 21.11 of the Grand Junction Zoning & Development Code concerning the updating of and adoption of new Development Impact Fees. The Council found that Fees are a necessary component of funding the capital costs of infrastructure required to maintain the current level of service for city residents, and further found that development should pay its proportionate share of the capital costs of fire, police, parks and recreation and transportation infrastructure.
See the Development Impact Fees page for more information and an implementation schedule.
The Community Development Department is here to assist our community to become the most livable community west of the Rockies! We work to guide and promote development that is vibrant, safe, provides a healthy life style and has a broad and balanced range of land uses. We strive to support a community that provides quality employment opportunities with a mix of job types, has a diversity of housing, has exceptional medical and educational facilities and is child and senior friendly.
Key Functions of the Community Development Department include:
- Preparation of citywide and neighborhood plans
- Permitting services for residential and nonresidential development
- Maintaining the Grand Junction Comprehensive Plan
- Providing information related to zoning, setbacks, and other land use questions
- Providing development review services for new development
- Providing annexation services for properties coming into the city